Saturday, November 28, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
More clear plastic bins!
Maybe I bought some at Big Lots
Here's a bag from the church thirft store - everything was 1/2 price paid $1.25 for all these treasures!
Never did find any blue ribbon but I'm really frustrated and unhappy about my cluttered Shabby Cottage. This isn't something that just happened recently but the clutter had gotten much worse since selling on Ebay (inventory!), blogging and my re-interest in crafting.
So today I decided to clean up around here and started a new blog
DeCluttering Our Shabby Cottage
I know something else to take up my time but I'm hoping this will hold me accountable and keep me on track.
So I'd better hurry up and finish my Angel Snowman!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Just finished needle felting this sweet PINK Angel. She is on her way to a new home in Canada! Hope her new owner loves her as much as I do!! She's holding a bouquet of vintage glass balls and has a halo of twisted wire other than that she's all needle felted with wool.
Friday, November 20, 2009
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them.'
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever, even ham radio. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that Take your breath away.
Friday, November 6, 2009
God Saw You Getting Tired
God saw you getting tired,
When a cure was not to be.
So He wrapped his arms around you,
and whispered, "come to me."
You didn't deserve what you went through,
So He gave you rest.
God's garden must be beautiful,
He only takes the best.
And when I saw you sleeping,
So peaceful and free from pain
I could not wish you back
To suffer that again.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
First from my followers the winner is Mary from Rose Brook Cottage. Mary wins the froggy pot sitters and pink bench. Congratulations Mary please send me you mailing address.
The winner of all the treasures shown below is
CeeKay from Thinkin' of Home.
CeeKay please email me your mailing address. And you said you never win anything!!
Warm hugs to all,